As a personal injury attorney in Idaho, I know the tactics of insurance companies, adjusters, and their attorneys. My ability to understand both sides of litigation gives me a unique persepective and the ability to mazimize your recovery. In addition, the knowledge I obtained representing injured clients makes me particularly well suited in settlement negotiaions and in court to achieve the best result for each of my clients.
Youngblood Law office is here to assist you if you have been in an accident which was caused by the negligence of another individual or company. My office handles all types of personal injury cases which include following: Auto Accidents, Motorcycle and ATV accidents, 18 wheeler accidents.
When you are involved in an accieent you naturally have questions. The question is often posed, when should I hire an attorney. The answer is right away. Most, if not all, insurance companies have their team of appraisers, adjusters and lawyers working to minizimze your claim or obtain a quick settlement. Below is a list of Do’s and Don’t’s if you are involved in an accident.
THINGS YOU SHOULD DO:
1. Report the accident to the police. Obtain a police report or written report of the accident. If this is not done, it will be your word against the other party.
2. Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as you can.
3. Obtain as much information from the other party involved as you can. At a minimum secure the following: their name, address, phone numbers, driver’s license and registration information, license plate numbers, and make, model, and year of the vehicle.
4. Obtain contact information from anyh witnesses of the accident. Their testimony may be the difference between winning and losing the case when the cause of the accident is challenged.
5. Take pictures or video of the accident scene, vehicles involved and any injuries which are apparent at the time. The photographs or video including, physical injury, like bruising, cuts, scratches or abrasions, damages to the vehicle and surrounding areas of the accident. Your cllelur phone is a great tool to capture this important information.
6. Start a log or journal. Informaiton which will be important to support your case will include factrs about the accident, the nature and extent of your injuries, not only physical injury but also the mental and emotional strain an accident can cause you or your loved ones.
7. Call me as soon as possible so that I can help document your case and begin the process of securing your monetary compensation for your injuries and damages.
THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO:
1. Don’t speak or give a statement to the other party’s insurance company before consulting an attorney. Anything said in a recorded statement can be used to deny or diminish your claim.
2. Don’t sign a release or any papers or agree to anything without checking with your attorney.
3. Don’t delay medical evaluation or care. Many believe that stiffness or soreness may go away in time but it may also be an indication of serious injury
Follow these helpful tips to make sure you protect yourself and help your case.